It is absolutely possible to do this with Eval&GO.
Pre-populating a survey is an effective tool that allows you to fill your survey with information you already know about the respondent, in order to save them time, or answer hidden questions in your questionnaire in order to analyze data you have collected but your respondent doesnt necessarily know, the amount of business they bring you for example, and much more.
Here are some basic guidelines to our Pre-population tool:
- First you will need to upload a mailing list (or group) in CSV format. This would be just the basic information concerning your respondents (Last name, first name, email, company...). Here is a video to get you started: Quick Look at the Contact Manager
- After creating your questionnaire (including the questions concerning personal information and any branching logics you plan on using) you can click on the Publish button. Then click on the Prepopulation tab then the "Add a Pre-population" button.
- Here you can add a group to the pre-population (the one you uploaded earlier) or add individual respondents.
- The next step is to import your answers.
- You can pre-populate many different question types. You will need a CSV file with all the answers - one line per respondent and one column per answer.
- One of your CSV files columns has to contain the emails of your respondents as they appear in your group of contacts.
- For multiple-choice questions, where the respondent can only select one answer-choice, you must insert the text of the answer choice into the cell corresponding to the persons answer.
- For checkbox questions, where the respondent can select more than one answer-choice, you must insert the text of the answer-choice into the corresponding cell. If there are several answer-choices that should be selected then these need to be separated by a slash. For example : blue/green
- For slider or Likert scale questions you have to insert the number corresponding to their answer in the cell. Be careful not to insert any numbers that do not fit within the scale for example do not insert an 11 if your scale goes from 0 to 10.
- For numerical text and text questions simply insert the text into the corresponding cell.
- For ranking questions insert the answer-choices in order separated by slashes. For example: Pasta/Sushi/Curry/Goulash for a list of preferences amongst different types of food.
- For percentile questions you must insert the percentages for each choice in order separated by slashes. Make sure that the percentages add up to 100 in each cell, otherwise you will lead to an error. For example: 20/20/20/20/20.
- For Numerical questions simply insert the answer into the corresponding cell. This answer needs to be numerical characters only of course. If you set a limit in your question, for example limiting it to 4 characters in order to collect a year, then make sure you fit this limit in each answer, otherwise this will create an error.
- For date question types you must put the date in the following format: day/month/year for example 22/03/2010 to indicate the 22nd of March 2010.
- Once you have saved your answer file in CSV format you are ready to import it using the pre-population tool.
- Click on CSV Import. Select the file and upload it.
- You need to make sure the emails from your group match the emails from your answer list. This is what makes sure each contact will see their information.
- When you are certain all the emails are correctly matched, click Save.
- You will then need to match the headers of your answer file to the questions in your survey. Use the drop-down menu to select the matching question.
- When you select a question, you must then match all the choices for that question. Youll notice that even if you made a spelling mistake in your CSV file the software still lets you match it up correctly.
- For certain question types the answers are integrated automatically, in which case you will see the sentence The integration of data for this type of question is automatic.
- When you have finished matching up all the questions and their choices click Save.
- Now you will have to send out your questionnaire in the E-mail section.
- Check the Select a pre-population box and click on the title of your pre-population to select it.
- You can then personalize the content of your email as you normally would. Be careful NOT to modify the codes such as [$-link-$] or [$-URL-$].
- When your email is ready click Send and confirm by clicking Yes.
There are many ways pre-populating surveys can be useful. It isnt just a way to speed up a survey. Pre-populating a survey is an effective tool to compliment your data collection and supplements of information can be exceptionally helpful in analysis to make real business decisions.
Sign in and try it out for yourself!